Liquid | Author
Author is a word processor for macOS with a minimalist environment featuring powerful controls.
- Automatic Outline. Pinch to collapse the text using your trackpad to see just the Headings and then click in the left hand margin to re-arrange the Headings at will
- Quick Citation Creation. Select text and cmd-t to add citations for academic papers, books, web and even live video
- Quick Citation Check. Click to see the source, including having video citations play inside Author, from the moment cited
- Export to Plain Text, RTF & Word with automatic appending of citations in References at the end of the document
- Instant Find with cmd-f on selected text changes the document to only show sentences with the selected for text
- ESC to go into *and* out of full screen, which seems like a detail but is very helpful when going between focused writing and interacting with many documents. All commands have easy to remember keyboard shortcuts and you can ctrl-click on text to check what options are available, such as cmd-1 to make turn the text into a top level heading and cmd-t to cite a reference and so on.
- Reading/Edit Modes for specific interactions to make both modes more powerful and pleasant, such as spacebar to move down a screen in Read mode
- cmd- / cmd+ to scale all the text. You cannot change colour or size of specific text in Author, only bold and italic, since Author is a writing application, not a layout application so therefore have less time wasting distractions while you write and edit
- Modern Architecture including auto saving and everything else you would expect from a modern, native macOS application including iCloud Drive (sync with Author iOS in the future)
- Warm background to reduce eye strain. Note that in full screen mode your eyes will quite quickly adjust to the cast so you will enjoy the benefit without really noticing anything different.
- Integrated Liquid for advanced text interaction in Author and in all your Mac applications
FREE with In-App Upgrade option for Export:
Please also have a look at the Demo & User Guide on YouTube as well as reading more about The Author Project:
The Project | Future Developments | Author iOS (2018)