Liquid | Author
Author is a word processor featuring a minimalist environment with powerful controls.
- Automatic Outline/Table of Contents, just pinch to collapse the text using your trackpad to only see Headings and then re-arrange the Headings at will
- Quick Citation Creation. Select text and cmd-t to add citations for academic papers, books, web and even live video citations
- Quick Citation Check. Click to see the source, including having video citations play inside Author, from the moment cited
- Instant find with cmd-f on selected text changes the document to only show sentences with the selected for text
- Reading/Edit Modes for specific interactions to make both modes more powerful and pleasant, such as spacebar to move down a screen in Read mode
- cmd- / cmd+ to scale all the text. You cannot change colour or size of specific text in Author since Author is a writing application, not a layout application
- Formatting including bold, italic, alignment and lists but not more, saving you from endless font-fiddling and helping you focus
- Modern Architecture including auto saving and everything else you would expect from a modern, native macOS application including iCloud Drive (sync with Author iOS in the future)
- Warm background to reduce eye strain. Note that in full screen mode your eyes will quite quickly adjust to the cast so you will enjoy the benefit without really noticing anything different.
Fast and innovative keyboard interactions:
- Triple click selects the sentence, not the paragraph, since testing shows you are more likely to select a paragraph with stripe select.
- Double click between words to select both words.
- Export to Plain Text, RTF & Word (in upcoming 1.1 with automatic appending of citations in References at the end of the document)
Please feel free to also have a look at the User Guide on YouTube as well as reading more about The Author Project:
The Project | User Guide | Academic | Future Developments | Author iOS